[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: elementary functions
- To: Kim.fateman at UCB-C70
- Subject: Re: elementary functions
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1982 04:40:00 -0000
- Cc: common-lisp at SU-AI
- In-reply-to: Kim.fateman@Berkeley's message of 24 Jul 82 16:28-EST
I would certainly like to consider alternatives for elementary functions.
Is there some published text describing Kahan's definitions, preferably
along with a rationale? (One very important advantage of Penfield's
proposal is that the reasons for the choices are, right or wrong, clearly
Penfield's proposal has been implemented, by the I.P. Sharp folks,
I believe. I'll look up the reference when I'm in my office tomorrow.
Could you send me on-line a brief description of the differences, for
quick immediate evaluation?