Re: Vectors and Arrays

What I especially wanted to see clarified was this: you said that arrays
could be thought of as being implemented as a vector, one of whose
elements is another, internal vector, that holds the real values of the
elements.  Are you proposing that there be a primitive to access this
internal vector?  Such a primitive might be hard to implement if arrays
are not really implemented the way you said.  (I'm not saying we can't
do it; I don't know for sure whether it's very hard or not.  I just
wanted to know what you were proposing.)