Re: applyhook

Actually, I hadn't thought about the potential ambiguity of which
environment would be passed to the apply hook function; I had just
assumed that it would be the same as that passed to the eval hook
function immediately before.
It seems to me that the purpose of applyhook is to allow one to
examine the actual function and the actual arguments it's about to
be applied to. (I suppose you could get the effect of the applyhook
by using the evalhook and simulating the evaluator--but that's what
this mechanism should help avoid.) It's a lot easier to examine
the environment of the function when it is handed to you. On the other
hand you could argue that any debugging facility will always use both
evalhook and applyhook simultaneously, but that shouldn't be necessary.
			---Walter
-------