&whole

    I'm sure I've found times when not having the error-checking has been useful.
    For instance, suppose I have a long (or circular) list of triples.
    I might want to destructure the first two entries of that list like so.

        (DO () (NIL)
          (DESTRUCTURING-BIND ((A1 B1 C1) (A2 B2 C2)) LIST ...)
          (SETQ LIST (CDDR LIST)))

But you can inhibit the error checking by putting an "&rest ignore" in
there, and then you don't have to make a special non-error checking
version.  Isn't this exactly analogous to the discussion we just had
about &whole ?

-- Scott