applyhook

    Date: Fri, 31 Aug 84 20:24 EDT
    From: "David A. Moon" <Moon@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>

    APPLYHOOK should not take an &OPTIONAL ENV argument.
    Similarly *APPLYHOOK* should receive two arguments, not three arguments.
    An environment is not meaningful for the APPLY operation, only for the EVAL operation.
    Does anyone disagree?

The only RELEVANT remark among the mail I've received on the subject so far was
from Glenn Burke, who suggested that this ENV argument to APPLYHOOK may be
for the case of evaluating

	((lambda ...) ...)

which of course is supposed to be trapped by APPLYHOOK.  My feeling is that the
hook should see a lexical closure of the lambda, rather than getting the raw lambda
and the environment as separate arguments.  My system actually doesn't work that
way, for stupid reasons; I am about to change it to work that way.

Any opinions?