Painful retraction

    Date: Thursday, 23 August 1984 11:34:34 EDT
    From: Robert.Frederking at cmu-cs-cad
    	I made the mental equivalent of a typo in my original question to
    Guy Steele, thus inadvertantly slandering DEC.

I am in the habit of calling this a "thinko" or a "braino".

	What I meant to inquire about was that the *access functions* give
    fatal errors if handed nil, which is a more reasonable behavior (if
    still personally annoying)....

I would oppose contracting access functions to any kind of behavior when
not handed an actual instance of the structure.  In some mail that just
arrived this instant, I see that Fahlman has spared me the trouble of
giving the arguments against it here.