#,

Moon's proposal for #, and van Roggen's are both equally restricitve, I
think.  The question is simply one of whether the user is required to
quote the expression containing the #, or whether #, quotes itself
implicitly.  It seems to me that Moon's proposal wins on three counts:

1. Under Moon's scheme, #, could be used in any context that wants a
constant, not just within a (QUOTE ...) form.  If #, supplies an
implicit quote, that leads to double quoting if you use it in
already-quoted contexts.

2. As Moon says, this is already in use in Zetalisp, so we may as well
remain compatible with their convention.

3. If #, were to supply an implicit quote, it would no longer be
analogous to #.  Bugs and confusion would result.

-- Scott