[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Does anyone understand :REHASH-THRESHOLD?
- To: mit-eddie!common-lisp%su-ai.arpa@GODOT
- Subject: Does anyone understand :REHASH-THRESHOLD?
- From: Dan Aronson <godot!Dan@AQUINAS>
- Date: Fri, 21 Dec 1984 12:54:00 -0000
- In-reply-to: <8412201513.AA21378@mit-eddie.Mit-chaos.Arpa>
- Reply-to: mit-eddie!Dan%godot%mit-mc at AQUINAS
I've just reread the definitions of :REHASH-SIZE and :REHASH-THRESHOLD in
the silver book and they both seem perfectly clear. If :REHASH-THRESHOLD is
an integer less than :REHASH-SIZE (where :REHASH-SIZE must be an integer)
then when the table grows greater then threshold/size percent it is grown.
However, if :REHASH-THRESHOLD is a fraction, then that is the percentage
that is used. I think that common sense has to be assumed when reading some
of this stuff.