Does anyone understand :REHASH-THRESHOLD?

I've just reread the definitions of :REHASH-SIZE and :REHASH-THRESHOLD in
the silver book and they both seem perfectly clear.  If :REHASH-THRESHOLD is
an integer less than :REHASH-SIZE (where :REHASH-SIZE must be an integer)
then when the table grows greater then threshold/size percent it is grown.
However, if :REHASH-THRESHOLD is a fraction, then that is the percentage
that is used.  I think that common sense has to be assumed when reading some
of this stuff.

--Dan Aronson