SETF APPLY ...

BIT and SBIT are two other Common Lisp functions which should work
inside SETF of APPLY, but they're the only other ones.
It seems to me that we could have both the newvalue passed as the
last arg of the setting function and the ability to do SETF of
APPLY if we would admit to a function, that I'll call APPLY-BUT-LAST,
that's just like APPLY, except that it's the next-to-last argument
that must be a list, and the last argument is just passed as the
last argument to the applied function. This won't help with
multiple-value-setfs (which I think don't belong in Common Lisp),
but it will allow SETF of APPLY of other named SETFable forms.
			---Walter