Re: Arg cont checking, optionals, keywords, etc

I believe the Common Lisp syntax untimately derives from Muddle.  There
is of course virtue, if the change were to occur in Interlisp-D,
adopting a  syntax compatible with Common Lisp.

For my taste, however, I would prefer one compatible with Interlisp-D
DECL DLAMBDAs as in my earlier examples.  This allows (at the option of
the programmer) stronger error checking than argument counting alone as
well as self-documentation of the variables.  Both syntaxes could be
available in this case and could compile to the same code.

Stu