"home-ifying" symbols

    I would consider the system very confused if a symbol which
appears to be interned does not print readably when no package system
changes have been made between the printing and the reading.  This
could happen if a symbol is not accessible in its home package.

    It would be reasonable to allow setf on symbol-package with the
constraint that the new value may only be a package that the symbol is
present in.  I have survived until now without this capability, but
won't object to its addition to the language, since opposing any
feature would not be in the spirit of Common Lisp.

  Rob