Does FORMAT handle multiple values

    Date: Thursday, 23 May 1985  04:30-EDT
    From: Dave <Steiner at RUTGERS.ARPA>
    To:   Common-Lisp at SU-AI.ARPA
    Re:   Does FORMAT handle multiple values

    (format t "~S~%" (progn ... (values ...)))

I'm not sure what you think that code is supposed to do, but there are
two ways that I can think of to turn MV's into format arguments (or
any other kind of arguments).  You can use Multiple-Value-List (not
values-list, as you said) to get a list, or you can use
Multiple-Value-Call.

In Common Lisp, there is no user-visible distinction between returning
one value and returning one "multiple value", so the
multiple-value-### primitives will work fine even if only one value is
being returned.

  Rob