Macros -> declarations

    Date: Saturday, 18 May 1985  11:14-EDT
    From: Kent M Pitman <KMP at SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>

        Date: Fri, 17 May 1985  23:50 EDT
        From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>

        As Moon points out, even with this change we would still need
        PARSE-BODY for macro writers,

    or my &BODY hack. No sense in not providing both, though.

I think that PARSE-BODY is needed even if the &BODY hack is used.  People other
than DEFMACRO (the mythical code analysis tools, for example) should have some
convenient way to parse bodies.  Also, providing such a hook and encouraging
everyone to use it could make users' lives easier when and if the language
changed in any radical way.

On the other hand, the fancy &BODY syntax is a great win, and should be in the
language as well.

--Skef