Y.A.R.I.M.: Macros inside DECLARE?

As far as I'm concerned, your attempt to unify source-level transformations
under the existing DEFMACRO is the best thing to come out of all this
discussion.  No more DEFMUMBLEs where DEFMUMBLE is
                YetAnotherRedundantImitationofMacros!
I feel that this is more important than the issues of whether macros may
produce declares, or whether declare macroexpands its innards.

The comment above is also a vote against "lambda macros" -- they provide
absolutely no functionality beyond that capable by ordinary macros, and
give only marginally better error checking.

-- JonL --