[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Lack of EQUALP hash tables
- To: common-lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Lack of EQUALP hash tables
- From: Rob MacLachlan <RAM@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
- Date: Thu, 09 May 1985 13:22:00 -0000
- In-reply-to: Msg of 9 May 1985 02:00-EDT from Tim McNerney <TIM at MIT-MC>
I think an Equalp hashtable would also be useful because it would
allow you to use arrays and structures as keys.
In my code I have never had any great use for the case-insensitiveness
of equalp, since I use string-equal. In fact, I think it would be
useful if there was a predicate which used eql for comparison and
descended into arrays and structures. There have been a number of
times when I could have used such a function.