Proposal for a UNIX subgroup.

There are at least four companies working on implementations of Common Lisp
for some flavor of UNIX.  It would, I think, be to everyone's benefit if
the implementations were as compatible as possible (so that, for example,
OPEN :IF-EXISTS keywords meant the same things in all implementations).
I wouldn't mind seeing a UNIX superset standard, but just giving implementors
a way to talk together would be useful.

To that end, I propose yet another mailing list, Common-Unix.  I volunteer
to prime the pump by generating proposals from our own design.

Anyone interested?

Brian Marick
Gould CSD - Urbana