common lisp- &environment objects

    To sum up: the data structure that Common Lisp offers to users is the lexical
    closure, not the environment.  The only thing a user can do with an environment
    is receive it as an argument and pass it to another function as an argument.
    I believe that these environments should be defined to have only dynamic extent;
    in other words, a user isn't allowed to save them away in permanent structures.

Fine, I agree with Moon.  Any passionately dissenting opinions?

-- Scott