common lisp- &environment objects

Actually, that was a slight overstatement.  You only get CONNIVER if you
actually allow the user to make use of the environment in certain ways,
such as GO-ing to the tags it contains.  There's not much harm in making
the environment object itself non-ephemeral, I suppose, as long as
people don't get the idea that you can do very much with these objects
once you exit the dynamic extent.  Still, I would opt for dynamic extent
unless someone comes up with a very clear need to go with something more
difficult.

-- Scott