[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Arguments and values to get.
- To: Common-Lisp@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Arguments and values to get.
- From: mips!escargot.earl@glacier (Earl Killian)
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 85 13:05:36 pdt
- In-reply-to: "Scott E. Fahlman"'s message of Thu, 19 Sep 1985 21:19 EDT
When you really need to know whether the value was present in the
property list or not, I agree that the &OPTIONAL default argument to
GET is painful. Other times, however, it is exactly what you want
(you really just want a default value), and implementing the default
from a second return value is painful. Thus the current definition
is not a mistake, although it may not be featureful enough.