Recursive printing proposal

One way to deal with printer extensions is to make them a bit more
formal, like the SETF extension mechanism which is less general then
macro definition but gets the intended job done with less duplicated work.
In the implementations that people have now I venture to say they could
look at the way that circular-print is handled, and build at least
PRINT-DEPTH handling into that. Maybe we should adopt a "programmable
printer" like that of Hawkinson, or a cleaned-up version of Waters?