Common LISP is too big?

I'm not sure I understand everyone's attitude about Common LISP being
too big.  Dave Moon has a construct he likes so much that he absolutely
believes it ought to be in Symbolics Common LISP but doesn't want anyone
else to have it.  Perhaps he just thinks that for compatability with
ZetaLisp, which I guess makes some sense.

You know, we could certainly prevent the language from gaining weight by
leaving out an error handling system, an object system, windows, etc.
If we don't want to make the language larger than it is today, we should
have made it smaller in the first place.  But we didn't.

- Paul

------