[no subject]

   Besides, why would anyone need to do such a thing? Remember macros?...

There are a lot of things that CL talks about that nobody would really do!
This particular issue has a lot to do with whether an implementation needs
to support fako fexprs secretly, or whether it can treat each special form
case-by-case in both the compiler and interpreter.  Without naming names,
I can point to CL implementations which *do* have fexprs, and which *do*
allow the above, but if I were to sit down and do an implementation today,
I wouldn't have anything even remotely resembling fexpr functions at all.
"Is an error" seems like the right answer.

								stan shebs