Keywords with cells

    I thought one of the reasons for having keywords in their own package
    was that you can make that a stripped down package that is just a bare
    hashtable with no value/function/property cells?

I don't think that this was aprt of the motivation for having a separate
keyword package.  The main reason was just so that every package could
get at keywords with equal facility, and so that a keyword with the same
spelling would be EQ in every context.  This was thought to be desirable
since keywords are used primarily as tokens and not as places to stash
package-dependent data.

-- Scott