:capitalize in *print-case*

I think that the manual means what it says here: lower-case characters
don't get touched, regardless of the setting of this switch.  The theory
is that most symbol print names end up in all-upper-case internally, and
the *print-case* flags control how you want to see those.  If the user
has taken special trouble to get a lower-case character into a symbol's
print name, we assume that he really wants to see a lower-case character
there.  This is all pretty ugly, but seemed like the thing to do at the
time; it's something of a holdover from the bad old days when the only
way to get a character string was to make it the print-name of a symbol.

-- Scott