macro expansion

At the meeting it was decided that Moon and I would each try to come up
with an improved macro expansion paradigm.  I like what Moon proposes,
so I will not be producing a proposal of my own on this.  The new
proposal is clearly better than the system in the white pages now (which
I originally proposed as a minor improvement over the current Maclisp
system).

The only quibble I have is whether we want to spell *MACROEXPAND-HOOK*
with the stars.  We should only do this if we decide to spell all (or
almost all) built-in global hooks this way.  I am neutral on this issue.

-- Scott