SET

By the way, I completely forgot about SET (in its traditional meaning)
when enumerating the things I would like to spare from the SETF wrecking
ball.  (That's the danger of saying "we should get rid of everything
except... ")  I'd like to keep old-style SET around.  I find
(SETF (SYMEVAL x) value) to be confusing.  This should be legal, but not
the one and only way to do this.

Keeping SET would have the beneficial side-effect of terminating debate
about whether to turn SETF into SET, though I suppose we could swap
them... (or is it swapf them?)

-- Scott