loop macro

Just to set the record straight:

    Date: Wed, 5 Feb 86 10:49 EST
    From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@SCRC-QUABBIN.ARPA>
    Since I'm getting into details, I should make quite clear that I do not
    speak for Moon in the matter of LOOP.  Our opinions on this topic
    diverge much more than they do on most other topics.

True.

    One of my own strong feelings about LOOP that Moon does not share is
    that we should get rid of the conditionals.

False.  Dan misremembered my position here.  Actually, I've believed for
several years that the conditionals in LOOP were the principal mistake in
the current design.  If I were doing it over today, I would certainly use
the regular Lisp conditionals, which of course implies changes to the
theory of collection.  In the real world, one might consider keeping the
conditionals just for compatibility, but frowning on their use in new code.