Re: Defun inside Let

> From DCP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA Thu Jan 30 18:03:04 1986
> 	(setf (symbol-function 'foo) #'(lambda arglist . body))
> Minor nit: some systems would lose the name of the function inside the
> lambda.  All compiled functions have names.

(^ minor-nit 2):  CLtL p.439 explicitly allows the first argument to
the compile function to be nil, allowing unnamed compiled functions.
Indeed, I can find nothing in the language spec suggesting that any
compiled or interpreted functional object necessarily has a name.
That Symbolics and others support such a slot, of course, is a big
debugging win.