get-setf-method-multiple-value

    Date: 31 Jan 1986 15:49-EST
    From: OLDMAN@USC-ISI.ARPA

    Could anyone give me some motivation for the existance of this
    function?  I don't understand what is ment by storing multiple
    values into a generalized variable.

(setf (values a b c) (foo x y)) is a simple example.  Presumably
this expands into (multiple-value-setq (a b c) (foo x y)).  A
more interesting example would be
(setf (values (aref a i) (aref a j) (aref a k)) (foo x y))

This is a possible extension rather than standard Common Lisp because
some people thought it was too complicated and hard to understand,
although to me it seems like an obvious symmetry.