DEFUN inside LET

    Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1986  23:12 EST
    From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman at C.CS.CMU.EDU>

    I'm not sure if there's actually a firm consensus on this, but in my
    opinion Defun inside Let should always work.  It's an idiom I use a lot,
    and if some alleged Common Lisp didn't supply this, I'd either complain
    or fix it myself.

I don't understand how one can argue with p. 67 of CLtL which (to me)
unequivocally says that DEFUN inside LET should "work":

"Evaluating a DEFUN form causes the symbol ... to be a global name for
the function specified by the LAMBDA-expression ... in the lexical
environment in which the DEFUN form was executed."

Also, since DEFUN is a macro, it's hard to imagine what it could expand
into in order to behave much differently from this.