Packages

It seems to me that we do need a new package, called EXTENSIONS (or
some such) for new language features and reserve SYSTEM for those really
subtle/dangerous (rewind-the-disk -:) sort of things.

I am bothered by the notion that the LISP package should include all
kinds of implementation dependent symbols so that "other things can
work". To some degree, the LISP package lists the reserved words
(functions, globals, etc) of the Portable dialect.

I would like to see some examples of things in different
implementations that "MUST" be in LISP, yet are system dependent,
rather than being candidates for inclusion in the next CLtL?

Martin
-------