What's in the standard packages?

I agree with Kent that we should specify more exactly what's in the
standard packages.  Here, I think, are the issues:

1.  The LISP package should have external symbols which exactly are the
    Common LISP standard.

2.  Either the SYSTEM package or some implementation-specific package
    should contain any implementation extensions to Common LISP.  Might
    as well make this the SYSTEM package.

3.  The USER package should use both the LISP and SYSTEM packages.

4.  What should MAKE-PACKAGE use by default?  Clearly the LISP package.
    Probably not the SYSTEM package, although this would result in an
    incompatible change for any implementation that currently puts all
    public symbols in the LISP package.  Such is life.

- Paul
------