reader # syntax and whitespace

I see nothing in the manual to suggest that whitespace is allowed
between a sharp-dispatch sequence and the associated arguments.  It
seems needlessly confusing to specifically allow this in some cases,
where it clearly cannot work for others.  In my opinion, it "is an
error" (or should be an error) to include such whitespace, and this
should not be done in portable code.  Some implementations may tolerate
whitespace in some of these places, but they certainly sholdn't go out
of their way to do so.

-- Scott