Basic Design Questions: function cells

You forgot that people have made various efficiency-based
arguments for function cells. These arguments may be found in
the archives. (I cannot understand them so I wont try to explain it).

Having a function cell also gives the language designer another way to
add more inconsistency to the language, in the way of breaking down
possible analogies, for example LET=>SETQ as FLET=>{nothing-in-CL}.
evaluated in the same namespace, and if you said "left-to-right"
evaluation order is preserved then users would imply that to mean
differently then it might not bother anyone than in some CL

-gjc
 {You have to know the rules before you can break them.}