Dave Moon's summary of EVAL-WHEN issues.

I think that instead of worrying about changing the name, we need to
completely replace the current Eval-When.  We need to figure out what
kinds of control we need over when things are to be evaluated, compiled,
etc., and then we need good clean ways of expressing these directives in
portable code files.  This is all tied in with top-level forms and
issues about what the compiler does to the compile-time and load-time
environments.  Once we know what sorts of operations we want to
support, then we should worry about names.  Assuming that these new
controls are not equivalent to the current Eval-When, we will want new
names for these things so that the cut-over fromt he old Eval-When can
occur gradually.

-- Scott