Dave Moon's summary of EVAL-WHEN issues.

Thank you.  This summarizes the issues quite well.  My suggestion that
there is another EVAL-WHEN situation was prompted by one simple desire.
There is no way to tell the compiler to digest a DEFMACRO for purposes
of future expansion, but not to evaluate it or dump it in the fastload
file.  What I want is:

(EVAL-WHEN (COMPILER-DIGEST)
(DEFMACRO ...

I don't want to say (EVAL-WHEN (COMPILE) ...) because I don't want
to change my global environment.  I don't want to say (EVAL-WHEN (LOAD) ...)
because I don't want it dumped.

I certainly agree that "EVAL-WHEN" is a real misnomer for this sort
of capability.

- Paul
------