Environment Query Functions.

I think the watchword is "short and sweet" as far as the environment
query functions are concerned.  Here's what we do for VAX LISP.

LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-TYPE is "VAX LISP".
LISP-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION is something like "V2.0".
MACHINE-TYPE is the machine name, like "DEC VAX 11/780" "DEC VAXstation II".
MACHINE-VERSION is tough to call, so we return the SID register, which
                uniquely identifies the CPU.  Not so great.
MACHINE-INSTANCE is setable by the system manager/user.
SOFTWARE-TYPE is "VMS" or "ULTRIX".
SOFTWARE-VERSION is whatever the operating system says its version is.
SHORT-SITE-NAME & LONG-SITE-NAME is setable by the system manager/user.

In particular, we felt in the three cases where it's setable that we
just couldn't guess what it ought to be.

- Paul

------