ignore

Personally, I've grown very fond of the T convention that allows you to
write () for ignored variables; e.g., (lambda (() y) y),
(multiple-value-bind (a () c) ...).  The one hassle with that
convention in T, which was that (lambda (a b . ()) ...) doesn't "work,"
goes away in Common Lisp: (lambda (a b &rest ()) ...).

As far as compiler warnings are concerned, though,
I think they're still a good idea in a world of ipmerfect typists, but I
wouldn't mind seeing a switch to turn the warnings off.
-------