Integer Shift Function(s)

I was translating an Interlisp program into Common Lisp and found that
Common Lisp has only arithmetic shift (ash, page 224), and unlike many
systems which have shift functions, no logical shift.  Is this an
oversight, or a deliberate omission?  Certainly it's possible to make
an lsh function, but taking care of word length etc. is painful and it
would (probably) not be as fast as a 'built-in'.  (I note that the
Symbolics Common Lisp system and Lucid on Sun both provide lsh, but
Kyoto on Sun do not ... these are all the Common Lisp systems I have access
to).

Sorry if this question has previously been raised and answered, or if I
have missed something.
    Dave Singer (dsinger@sri-kl)
-------