Locales

    BTW.  The original T did have a single global property space, but I
    believe that the new T (T3) has fixed that.  Perhaps one of the T folk
    would care to comment (I'm on shaky ground here)

In T3 symbols do not have associated property lists and thus there
is no property space.  Symbols are used only as identifiers and
are pure, i.e. they cannot be side-effected.  In place of properties
T provides Tables which are associations between keys (possibly symbols)
and values.

In my experience it is trivial to convert code which uses property lists
to code using tables.  It is also trivial to implement GET and PUT using
tables.