long-char, kanji

    I haven't used fonts, but only because I wasn't on a machine that could do
    them.  I've since moved to an Explorer, and I'm sure that now that I have
    them, I'll use them.  Also, now that I *have* a computer with Control,
    Meta, Super and Hyper keys, I'd be very upset if I couldn't input any
    combination I can type as a character.

    My vote is for leaving at least bits (and probably font) in the language.
    As long as string-char is there when you need efficiency, I don't see
    what's wrong with having full chars as well.

It is clear that each hardware/OS combination will want to provide Lisp
programs with getting at any keyboard event the user is capable of
generating