[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Achieving portability, how?
- To: COMMON-LISP@SU-AI.ARPA
- Subject: Achieving portability, how?
- From: Christopher Fry <cfry@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 86 02:45 EDT
- In-reply-to: The message of 18 Jun 86 12:03-EDT from Rem@IMSSS
There seem to be several ways to achieve portability:
(3) Provide tools for examining the text (source) of a program and reporting
any non-portable syntax. These tools could be used anywhere.
Agreed, no matter what else is decided.
Nice candidate for the yellow pages. It could check each function call to
a valid CL fn that you were passing a correct number of args to it as well.
That would go a long way to catching those calls to CL fns
where an implementation added that addition &optional arg which is