Out-of-range subsequences

    Date: Wed, 18 Jun 86 08:24 EDT
    From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW@QUABBIN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: 17 Jun 86 14:43 PDT
	From: Daniels.pa@Xerox.COM

	In particular, is (subseq #(1 2 3) 0 5) an error?

    What an excellent example of the sort of thing that the manual really
    needs to be more explicit about.

    Our implementation signals an error.  It certainly seems to me
    that it ought to.

About the best I have to offer is that the manual says that
start and end "should be integer indices into the sequence".
I would interpret "into the sequence" and meaning "between 0 and
the length of the sequence, inclusive", but I grant that there is
considerable latitude for controversy here.
--Guy