Re: GC, exit-to-system

>> From: David Moon
>> The concept of calling the GC at a particular
>> time is not meaningful either; the GC runs in parallel with normal
>> computation.  I'm sure there are other implementations with different
>> ideas about these concepts.  They just don't make very much sense to
>> standardize, because there is so much variation.

I think that you may have missed the point.  There are certain
functions performed by many (but perhaps not all) of the
implementations of common lisp.   Such functions include stopping
a computation and performing a garbage collection, and exiting to the
operating system.  It would be a good thing if the names for these
functions were the same across all common lisps where such
functionality exists.

- john foderaro
  Franz Inc.