[no subject]

I have some comments regarding the interpretation of the optimize
declaration.  I believe that the best way to use the optimize
information is to compare the values for different qualities.  This is
because the decisions made by the compiler almost always are
trade-offs.  You can trade speed for space and compilation speed for
speed, but absolute levels of optimization seem fairly meaningless.
It makes more sense to me to say that optional error checks would be
inhibited whenever SAFETY < SPEED.

  Rob