Proposal #9: Variable Name Conflicts

    Lambda and defun are not sequential binding forms; the order of
    argument evaluation is irrelevant.  "Lambda and defun are sequential
    binding forms because the arguments they are applied to are evaluated
    sequentially" is the only interpretation of Fahlman's statement I
    could think of.  I'm certain he had something else in mind; that's
    much like Masinter's position which neither Fahlman nor I agree with.

Well, DEFUN and LAMBDA are partly sequential-binding forms.  They
process defaults and &aux vars sequentially.  That's what I was
referring to.

-- Scott