Re: Proposal about lambda-list params

    Date: 23 Jul 1986 23:55-EDT
    From: NGALL@G.BBN.COM

    The following thought just struck me.  If we change CL to outlaw
    things like (lambda (x x ...)...), then people who have been writing
    code like (lambda (ignore x ignore) (declare (ignore ignore))...)
    may be upset when their code breaks.

Since it "is an error", not "signals an error", those people are free to
criticize their compiler for wasting their time with worthless warnings
if it warns about this.  It seems clear enough that warning about duplicate
parameter names when the parameters are explicitly ignored does no one
any good.