Re: Some easy ones (?)

    Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1986  10:59 EDT
    From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
    To:   Andy Freeman <ANDY@SUSHI.STANFORD.EDU>
    Subject: Some easy ones (?)

    I don't want to get into an argument about style -- at least not on this
    mailing list.  My point is simply that allowing multiple use of the same
    variable in a single LET* does break what would otherwise be a simple
    and uniform rule, it hairs up the declaration scoping rules, and there's
    no good reason to allow this since in the rare case where you want to do
    this there are alternatives that are at least as good and arguably
    better.

    -- Scott

Hear, Hear!

-- Nick