Minor changes to proposed reader syntax

I basically agree with MOON on the #" business.  I like #* (or whatever)
better than *" for bit-vectors, but oppose KMP's alternative proposal
for the #" syntax.  FORMAT is tolerable in its place, but we sure don't
want it to spread.  I also oppose the suggestion that #n* be used to
specify a radix for reading the digits of the bit-vector.  This is
certain to cause confusion due to the digits being read left to right --
this was all beaten to death once before.

-- Scott