Re: Revised array proposal (long)

I thought the idea of keeping VECTOR, VREF etc. was that they would
be precisely for what you call the SIMPLE-VECTOR case. Having all of
ARRAYs, VECTORs and SIMPLE-s puts the cognitive overhead up above what
it was to start with. I think the types should be:
ARRAY, STRING, VECTOR and maybe STRING-VECTOR
where the latter is what you called SIMPLE-STRING. I've left out
the BIT cases because I couldn't think of any name better than BITS for
the STRING analogy.
-------